Ads 468x60px

Score




Friday 7 June 2013

Manchester United announce the signing of Varela

Manchester United have announced the completion of signing of a talented  defender Guillermo Varela from Uruguayan club – Club Atlético Peñarol. The 20-year-old Player is the first  signing made by David Moyes, who took over from the retired Sir Alex Ferguson.

“Guillermo will immediately join up with the Uruguay Under-20 squad for the upcoming FIFA Under 20 World Championships in Turkey,” 


Manchester United announced in their official website. Varela, who trained with the first team for last few weeks was very happy with his development, he said, ”I have trained with the first- team. I am very happy and I was received very well. It was a surprise to get the chance to test myself with
Manchester United. I’m glad and happy, and grateful to Penarol who allowed me to travel. I was treated so well and Chicharito helped me a lot.”

Penarol head coach Jorge Da Silva was very joyful about Varela’s transfer, he said – “This is what he deserves. It is a shame to see him go but you can’t deny him the opportunity to join a club like this.” Guillermo Varela is naturally a full-back and he can play in right wing also.

No comments:

Post a Comment