Ads 468x60px

Score




Wednesday 5 June 2013

Trophy Drought - Is this another world class who will leave Arsenal ?

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny said in a recent interview that he may leave arsenal in near future if the club does not show any ambition to compete and win trophies. He may leave the Premier League outfit if the Gunners do not start winning silverware soon.



Arsenal have not won a trophy in last 8 seasons, their last trophy was - the FA Cup in 2005 .It has been a spell where we have seen many top players like  Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Robin van Persie being sold, often to league rivals.

The 27-year-old, who has been often linked with a switch to recent European champions Bayern Munich, hopes the north London club is ready to prove its ambitionnxt season in league and Europe , otherwise he will look for a new challenge elsewhere.

"I feel good at Arsenal, if we have ambition to fight against the other teams of course I want to stay here," Koscielny told Eurosport. "It's hard psychologically. We are constantly pressured because if Arsenal is not in the Champions League it would be a catastrophe.

"I have to see if I have clubs interested in me. I will not go to any club. I want to maybe discover another league. Paris [Saint-Germain]? There has been no contact yet. It is hard to not win titles year after year. We are competitors, professionals, we want to win. I want to add to my list of achievements. If Arsenal cannot allow me that, I'll seek a move elsewhere."

By: Nitish Rai

No comments:

Post a Comment